June 24, 2007

Dust myself off

I must admit that these past two weeks have been tough for me. Things do not always go as planned. And, sometimes, things go exactly as planned and you still hate it. It's been tough.

A couple of years ago I picked up a book about the faith of great men. It was not exactly what I was expecting, but I thumbed through the book anyway. However, there is one line I will never forget. It was a prayer said by a man whose name I forget. I do not remember the prayer verbatim but I do remember the last of it.

"...help for I am overwhelmed by discouragement, despair, and fear of the future."

This is exactly how I felt.

I guess that's the way life is. You have your lows and your highs. Sometimes you feel so low that you think you'll never be able to get out. But you do.

These are the times I stop and take a look around me. I look at what have and appreciate what I got. I look at where I am and where I want to be.

Then I pick myself up, dust myself off, and keep on going.

1 comment:

James said...

it seems so easy when you describe it but it just isnt man --- as you can read on my blogs ... i'm stuck in the middle of the storm.... u shuld show me that book whenever u get ur hands on it again.