April 16, 2008

Recovery

Monday I had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy (try saying that five times fast) to have my gallbladder removed. I've already had two attacks because of gallstones, so the doctors said I was time for the gallbladder to go. I complied.

Monday night was the worst. I couldn't find a pain-free position to sleep in. Even with Vicodin I was up most of the night delicately and painfully moving around in my bed. Eventually, I found the best position was sitting up in bed, but that’s not the worst part.

It hurts to laugh! So I've been avoiding any comedy on television and conversations with my friends. Yet I've been able to master a new, less painful laugh. I smile, hold my breath, and slowly let breaths with a slight chuckle. It sucks, but I will manage.

2 comments:

Kay said...

what the heck?! awww man.. I didn't know. well, i was checked for gallstones earlier this year but I didn't have any. the doctor said it was just heartburn and indigestion. like they say, health is wealth! you'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.