April 29, 2008

Exactly what was said

I almost never do interviews by email. But, they gave me a contact that was expecting an email, so I did so.

What kind of interview did I get? Well, I one that gave more than I asked for. Which, is good.


Email interviews give me a written record of what was asked and said.
Yet, the interviewee ALSO has a written record of what was asked and said. They can easily forward this email, post it on their blog, or do as they please with this electronic transcript.

Nothing bad has ever happened. It’s just always in the back of my mind.

Still, I will always prefer the old standby, and Adrianne Flynn said it best.



"I get on the horn and call the sources for my stories and ask them all kinds of stupid questions until I understand what they're talking about." -- Adrianne Flynn

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grusia4ever/527392892/

No comments: