May 13, 2007

Let me pay my dues

No, it couldn't be, but it was. Those facial features, those eyes, too distinctive. My conversation sputtered.
My heart raced.

She saw me.

"I'll have to approach he
r now," I thought
She turned and smiled. "Hey whats up?" she said.

I replied the same.

To the person accompanying me I said, "Excuse me, let me pay my dues."

I walked over.

"Whats up? Long time no see," I greeting her.

She got up.

She was thicker, breasts slightly larger, hips wider. But those eyes were still the same. cleopatraesque in shape, deep dark, and full of want. Unmakeuped, her natural beauty radiated, just the way I remember. We hugged.

"So how's everything?" I asked.

She told me she was accepted into a nearby college and that she still needs to take a few math classes. Then she explained how she continues work at a local retail store and had recently acquired a new dog.

I explained my situation: graduation, math classes, Cal State Fullerton, one class in the fall.

As we talked we looked into each others eyes, trying to catch of glimpse of each others feelings, thoughts, and emotions. But our eyes were so filled with inquiry that our true feelings were shut off.

The conversation fell silent.

"Well, take care. Good seeing you," I said.

We hugged and said goodbye.

My heart raced.

No comments: